6 pc hardware parts you need to know about before you build your own computer
6 PC Hardware Parts You Need to Know About Before You Build Your Own Computer
When people think about their next computer purchase, it almost always comes down to Mac versus PC. And while Mac users boast all they want about the inpiduality and personality of a Mac, PCs are what you want if you truly want a powerful computer that reflects your personality. Building your own PC with hardware parts can be fun and exciting, especially if you love computers or want to do your own build for a specific reason like gaming. However, it can also be challenging and frustrating. Unless you’re prepared. Before you start your build, here are 6 things you need to have a basic understanding of.
1) Central Processing Units (CPU) do all the processing in a system, they are like the brain of your PC. CPUs come in different numbers of “cores”, which determine how much work your PC can handle simultaneously. They generate a lot of heat and therefore require peripheral cooling fans and liquid cooling systems.
2) Motherboard (MOBO) is the main circuit of the PC that all the peripheral hardware is connected to. MOBOs are very specific, so you need to make sure that your components are all compatible with the MOBO.
3) Random Access Memory (RAM) is a memory of your PC. Data is stored and erased here. For higher performance tasks like gaming, get a higher capacity RAM.
4) Graphics Card (GPU) allows computers to do graphics processing separate from the CPU. They give your PC better performance with higher graphic displays.
5) Hard Disk Drive (HDD) is the memory bank of the PC where all the data is actually stored. Instead of HDDs, you can choose Solid State Drives (SSD).
6) Chassis (Case) This is the final piece that holds everything together and protects the hardware. It’s also the most visible part of your custom build.
Of course, these 6 pieces of hardware barely scratch the surface of what it takes to build your own PC, but they are good place to start. If you need more help, would like to know more information, or request a quote, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1-469-319-8300. As an ASAP Semiconductor owned and operated website, we are one of the premier suppliers of computer hardware parts. From basic hardware to graphics cards to hard drive disks, we have it all.